Monday, January 18, 2021

My Agatha Christie Collection

          Hello everyone! Sorry for my very late post. It is 2021! Happy New Year to all of you my dear readers!

I started the year with a book haul. For those of you who are not aware, I got married already! I am officially a Mrs. this 2021. I miss buying books. As an early Vday gift and also post-holiday gift from my husband. I asked for books.




I am very much interested in mystery books right now. I just purchased this month a lot of mystery books. I purchased the popular young-adult mystery books by Karen McManus entitled, One of Us is Lying, and One of Us is Next. After that, I bought the world's best mystery writer boxed set of books, Dame Agathe Christie. I recently rented on YouTube, The Murder on the Orient Express, and it is indeed a good movie. There is an unexpected twist! No wonder Agatha Christie's books are well-loved all over the world, and it her stories are timeless. I was able to buy an original shirt of the said movie from a local specialty bookstore which is Fully Booked. I also bought online, a copy of Agatha Christie's, Evil Under The Sun illustrated version.

I am on sick leave now, and I just finished reading one of her bestselling novel, And Then There Were None. I enjoyed reading it! After maybe  a year or two of not finishing a book, I finished it, in less than 2 days! I hope to order more books from her, but of course under my husband's supervision. Because he doesn't want unwise spending of money. I will also watch the tv-movie version of this.


I also learned a lot about the detectives in her stories like Hercule Poirot, Miss Jane Marple, husband and wife duo Tommy and Tuppence, and Parker Pyne. Did you know that the first 3 detectives that I have mentioned has a tv series? The actor David Suchet played Poirot very well. The actresses who played Miss Marple are also very good in their own right.

Almost all the best things can be found in England. That is why I am fond of anything Brit. Until my next post. Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment